18. To replace the mainspring, first remove
the hammer strut/mainspring assembly from the grip
the orientation of the round end of the strut.
It should be pointing up.
Place the strut in a vise as shown.
20. Use pliers to push down on the mainspring
seat until you can remove the pin.
21. Gently relieve tension from the
22. Remove the factory mainspring from the
23. Install the new mainspring on the hammer
24. Insert your pin through the mainspring and
hole in the hammer strut.
25. Turn the mainspring in so it compresses
until the end of the spring is against the pin.
26. Hold the mainspring seat in a pair of
pliers and set it against your retaining pin so the end
of the hammer strut is through the notch.
27. While holding the seat with the pliers
remove the pin.
28. Push down on the seat until the hole in
the strut is visible.
29. Reinsert the pin into the hole in the
hammer strut thereby retaining the mainspring and
30. Remove the assembly from the vise and
reinstall in the grip frame.
Be sure the round end is pointing up.